The Town Board approved a resolution authorizing the formation of Water District #6 by mandatory referendum. The referendum vote is set for Wednesday, April 10, 2019 from 12PM - 8PM at the Darien Town Hall.
A review of New York State law by the Town Attorney consulting with other legal advisors has determined the Town of Darien does not meet the legal requirements to offer Absentee Ballots in the Water District no. 6 Special Election. Therefore, Absentee Ballots are not permitted for this election.
Information Update Sessions have been scheduled for Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 7PM at the Darien Fire Hall and on April 6, 2019 at 9AM and 10AM at the Darien Town Hall.
Map, Plan and Report was revised November 30, 2018
Project Area & Description
All areas not currently served with public water serviced by Monroe County Water Authority
Project costs are borne by district users on a unit cost basis
Includes 375,000 linear feet of water mains
Includes one storage tank, supporting pumping stations and upgrades to the existing pumping station
Will service approximately 776 or more residential households within the Town
Cost of Public Water to a typical single family household
$1275.00 per Year (equal to $106.25 per Month or $3.49 per Day)
1. Debt Service
- Cost of design & construction of the water lines (at the road), water tower, and booster pumps.
- Cost added to County Tax bill
- CAN NOT INCREASE BY LAW BUT CAN DECREASE IF:
- design & construction lower than budgeted
- additional grant funding received
- additional new users (e.g. new homes) connect to the water lines
2. Water Usage
- Paid to Monroe County Water Authority (MCWA) quarterly
- Cost determined by number of gallons used multiplied by MCWA water rate
- County surcharge at $0.60 per 1,000 gallons added to County tax bill
3. Property Owner’s installation of Water Line to Structure and Connection Fees
- One time cost in first year of service
- Property owner pays for installation typically by hiring a private contractor
- Connection fees set and are paid directly to MCWA
Elba Water District #2 (recently formed) - $1,035 (approximately 2/3 the size)
Batavia S W Water District (formed 2016) - $1,091
Oakfield Water District #4 (formed 2015) - $1,200
Stafford Water District #8 (formed 2014) - $1,017
Pavilion South Street Water District (formed 2010) - $1,158